Nature Photography, from Sea Lions to Hummingbirds. Freelance assignments, event photography in the South Bay Area .

Sunday, October 4, 2009

It Belongs To All Of Us

Have been watching the fantastic series on PBS about our National Parks by Ken Burns. The dedication by so many men to save the Parks for all Americans reminded me of somethng I said a couple of weeks ago when I was on a rescue.

I was standing on a beach in Pacific Grove, by a large sea lion in distress, waiting for the other crew members to bring the crate, net and boards down to the beach. Several tourists were watching from the parking lot above us, and one older man, trying to be humorous, hollered down to me, "Hey, does that thing belong to you?" "No sir," I said, "he belongs to all of us."

"Thank you, young lady," he said, smiling, "that was a very good answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment